Sunday, April 15, 2012

FCAT TOMORROW...AHHHH!!

I'm feeling so anxious... it's a good anxious though. I'm just ready for the FCAT to be here and I know my kiddos are too. We have been preparing for this test since the first day of the school and they are totally ready. We had a "Good Luck" celebration on Friday with a huge ice cream party. My darling parents brought in fabulous toppings to make incredible sundaes. I wish I had taken pictures but I was "toppings" server and my parent volunteer was "ice cream" server. Our hands were too sticky to use a camera. :) My parents are so considerate and giving. I'm so blessed. :)


Last week we did a last minute lesson on perimeter. Perimeter on grid paper and counting units is always tricky for 3rd graders. I found this idea on Pinterest and it was a TOTAL hit!






Using Cheez Its for perimeter? HOW COME I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS? It worked so perfectly! My kids LOVED it! One little darling said, "I will totally rock perimeter on the FCAT now!" Too cute. :)

Off to go watch TV and R.E.L.A.X. To any Florida bloggers who teach intermediate grades, good luck tomorrow!  

7 Bucket Fillers:

Elizabeth said...

Good luck! I'm sure they are going to do a great job :)

Elizabeth
Fun in Room 4B

Hello Mrs Sykes said...

Best of luck! I love doing the party before the test!! Gives them a bit of time to relax and not stress too much. :)

~Jen
Hello Mrs Sykes

Mrs. Shepherd said...

Good luck to you and your students tomorrow!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Sorry about that! (above) For whatever reason I thought I wasn't a follower of your blog and tried to ADD myself again. I'm such a dork. :-)
Anyway, BORROWING the Cheezits idea for perimeter. LOVE IT! Glad I stopped by (again!)
Take care,
Michelle nomonkeybusinessmichelle.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Love it! I am your newest follower! Stop by and visit me...

learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the Cheez-its! This will definitely be a hit...now I'm wondering the size of a starburst... :) I'm glad I found your blog. I'm your newest follower!

Grade Three is the Place for Me

Post a Comment